The role will require interaction with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. You will need to quickly to earn trust with colleagues and customers that not only do you understand their needs but that you deliver valuable outcomes through products and processes. You will help ensure our specialist products are commercially focused and take account of the technical boundaries of what we can and cannot do via the ENSEK software, technology and solutions as well as meeting the strategic needs of the business. This means that you will need to build overtime a deep software and technology level understanding of our systems. You will also need to be curious about the customers business, questioning and sometimes challenging so that we have a requirements list that is driven, not by any pre conceived solution, but by a solution driven wholly by accurate understanding of the actual business need. Getting to that business need, agreeing it, documenting it, and working with your product and engineering team to deliver it will be your job.
1. Help build and lead a high functioning Product Engineering team.
2. Lead the effort to ensure solution-level requirements for the product are defined, clearly articulated and are complete, coherent and concise. Ensuring the needs of the Customer are met and where possible exceeded
3. Consulting with business and technical teams (internally and externally) providing guidance and resolving ambiguity to ensure continued stakeholder satisfaction
4. Ensure that the delivery of ENSEK’s Data products and services are delivering robust outcomes and results
5. Help implement the ENSEK Data governance strategy, underpinned by a data governance framework and structure to provide a consistent and effective service to our internal and external clients.
6. Work in collaboration with local teams, tribes and product and engineering leaders to provide clients with a robust and value driven Data & analytics solution, understanding the teams touchpoints and how they will work together to deliver success
7. Provide a holistic client relationship view across ENSEK through reporting, client and team feedback to understand performance, proactively recognise opportunities for improvement and gain insights for future client requirements
8. Identify, prioritise, agree and execute opportunities to optimise product delivery systems and processes.
9. Act as the central data SME for the wider product and engineering teams, to enable collaboration, consistency, sharing best practices and creating a one team approach through communication channels that bring teams together whilst being sympathetic to the different product priorities, geographies and time zones
1. Develop a deep knowledge of the ENSEK software products and solutions.
2. Cultivate a climate of continuous learning, identifying and implementing ways to improve productivity and quality of ENSEK’s processes and services
3. Maintain a broad understanding of practices and developments relevant to the energy sector and your area of specialism
4. Promote and maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and teamwork across ENSEK
5. Be willing to travel in order to build relationships in person (subject to COVID restrictions)
6. Own the cadence of performance communication and regular progress updates for internally to colleagues and externally to clients.
1. Knowledge of, and experience in, data & analytics methodologies and applications that ensure requirements developed are appropriate to the integrated role of technology as well as software delivery.
2. You’ll be a product professional, with experience of leading product teams and working with multi-disciplined engineering teams.
3. Data outcomes; Strong understanding of end to end data analytics processes. Design, implementation and optimisation of process efficiencies regarding data visualisation.
4. Project management execution; supporting project teams with client interactions focused on requirements and product delivery.
5. Knowledge of, and experience of methodologies and applications synonymous with agile software delivery.
1. Take a collaborative approach and foster strong working relationships within Growth, Product and Engineering as well as across other departments within ENSEK.
2. Able to inspire and develop a team to reach their full potential. Passionate about putting customers at the heart of ENSEK
3. A hands-on motivational leader with the ability to lead colleagues to deliver at a rapid pace 4. You’re a trouble shooter – problem solving risks and issues which could impact project deliverables and rolling sleeves up to support the team in ensuring swift resolutions.
5. Excellent communicator with the ability to influence senior decision-makers across the business in a matrix management structure
6. Client focused approach, utilising knowledge and experience, demonstrating outstanding levels of diplomacy and tact.
7. Excellent at building client relationships and can clearly augment strategic goals of ENSEK and its products.
8. A flexible attitude and able to thrive in a high pressure environment
9. Willingness to work in a fast-moving matrix environment and values the importance of teamwork
10. Experience in Energy/Utilities would be highly advantageous but not essential